Filter (0 filters applied)
The microwave is one of the most common and indispensable appliances in every home. Thanks to its versatility it has become an essential kitchen tool. Discover the new line of microwave ovens and save time in the kitchen.
In a fast-moving world with little time to waste, a microwave is necessary in every home thanks to its inventor Percy Spencer. This is a must-have item for your kitchen. A microwave oven is a kitchen appliance used to heat food instantly using electromagnetic radiation. It works through dielectric heating; when you power it, polar food molecules rotate, producing thermal energy. From the simple radar technology of reheating food, manufacturers have developed the microwave to a device full of features. You can use it for cooking, grilling, and baking. A microwave oven saves you space and power because it performs cooking tasks that would otherwise require a combination of a cooktop and a wall oven.
Categories of microwaves
- Over-the-range microwaves - They are vented to the outside, and require an electrician to install. You may prefer them because they free up counter space.
- Countertop microwave ovens - These are placed on a counter, and they are cheaper than others.
- Built-in microwave ovens - They are designed for installing into a wall or a cabinet. You can fit them in a drawer and glide out to warm food.
- Compact microwaves - Lighter and smaller variants that use less electricity compared to others.
- Wall oven microwave combos - These come as a combination of an oven in the lower compartment, and a micro.
- Built-in microwaves with oven and grill
Advantages of owning a microwave oven
- You can cook food faster with a microwave oven than when using an electric cooker or a gas.
- Cooking with a microwave oven is safe because it doesn't produce fire, and it has a safety system.
- Microwave-cooked food is more nutritious than one cooked by other conventional methods.
- The kitchen doesn't become hot like when you use physical fire.
Factors to consider when buying a microwave oven
- Power - Most microwaves have a power range of between 500 to 1200 watts. The more the power, the faster and more evenly your food cooks. Most recipes recommended for microwaves require 800+ watts for optimum results.
- External size and internal capacity - Microwaves come in multiple sizes ranging from 10" x 18" x 14" to 14" x 24" x 20" (HWD). Internal capacity ranges in size from over two cubic feet to less than one cubic foot. The larger variants can prepare more than one dish at a time. To select a suitable size, consider the quantity of food to cook, where to place your oven, and the size of your kitchen counter.
- Finish - You may consider a finish that matches your kitchen décor. Standard finishes include white, black, stainless steel, slate, and much more.
- Features - There are many features; it all depends on how you want to use your microwave. The basics include automatic reheat & defrost settings, turntable on/off button, child locks, an oven for roasting brown meat & vegetables, racks for multiple dishes, rapid preheat, and time bake, and an easy-clean interior, to name a few.
- Place of use - Small microwaves need no installation; they are designed for placing on the counter. The wall-mount varieties require installation.
- Pricing - Do some research on the standard market rates for different brands, set a budget, and go shopping. You get a cheap microwave of good quality.
- Check out customer reviews - from the leading online vendors such as Amazon and eBay, consumer ratings of various brands can give insights on the best models to consider.
- Design - Most customers prefer sleek modern designs made with the latest technology. Pick an option that has limitless cooking potential to give you value for money. Additional features, such as programmable menu settings, humidity sensors, and defrost settings, are impressive. With these features, you can adjust percentage power & cooking time, detect moisture levels for perfect cooking, and thaw out food rapidly, respectively.
Before making the purchase, our recomendation is to list down your specifications and go for the most efficient and durable option. At our online store you would find a huge range of cheap microwaves that will suit perfectly in your kitchen. Discover our Black Friday microwaves deals and find the most attractive discounts of the year.