Stand mixers are one of the most versatile kitchen appliances. Whisk, mix, emulsify and stir all the ingredients with minimal effort. Prepare your recipes like a professionel with our stand mixer line.
What is a Stand Mixer?
A stand mixer is an essential small kitchen appliance for all homes. Whether you enjoy baking cakes, making bread or creating biscuits and cookers, a mixer can help to make the task easy.
This type of mixer is more powerful than electronic hand mixers. A strong motor drives the rotary action whilst an accompanying bowl locks in place to ensure the unit is secure in place whilst in use. Most stand mixers come with an assortment of attachments each designed to complete a different task. The most common attachments that come with the majority of mixers include:
- A wire whisk. For beating eggs or whipping cream.
- A flat beater. This will be used for mixing cake batters.
- A dough hook. This attachment will knead bread dough allowing you to quickly and easily make bread at home.
What is the Difference Between a Mixer and a Blender?
A blender is a device that is used to liquefy foods. Blenders are an ideal choice for creating soups, smoothies, and cocktails. They have chopping blades that slice through food, whereas a mixer is a device for simply mixing ingredients.
There are a variety of blenders on the market allowing you to choose one that best suits your needs:
- A hand blender is a small hand-held appliance that you can use to puree baby food, blend soups or create smoothies. Hand blenders don't have attachments for holding food, so they are designed for use with the ingredients in a bowl or saucepan.
- A mini blender is a small all-in-one kitchen appliance. You add ingredients to a small bowl or cup that attaches directly to the blender. It is ideal for creating your favourite soups and pureed food. Whilst a mini blender can also create smoothies.
- A smoothie blender can be a better option for knocking up your favourite drinks. Designed specifically for smoothie blending, the blenders chop the ingredients up much finer to ensure you get a smooth, lump-free drink at the perfect consistency.
On the other hand, mixers can help you blend ingredients, and blenders can help create soups and smoothies if you want fresh, smooth juice, then you need a cold press juicer. Simply choose your favourite fruit or vegetables an insert them into the juicer where they will be crushed. The juice is collected in a cup whilst the pulp is collected in a separate container.
Find the Best Stand Mixer to Suit your Needs
When looking at the huge variety available in a stand mixer sale, it is worth considering what you will mostly be using the appliance for. If you are a professional cake maker, it is worth looking for one with a larger bowl to allow you to make a greater volume of cake batter at a time, saving you time and money. If you predominantly want to make bread, then it is worth looking at mixers with a more powerful motor that can withstand the kneading of heavy dough. Most mixers have variable speed settings, with the faster speeds being great for whisking egg whites or cream, and the slower speeds being perfect for gently combining ingredients.