What is an air fryer?
The air fryer is still uncommon in most kitchens, but it is gradually becoming popular. The airfryer is an amped-up kitchen appliance that circulates hot air and a little oil by convection around food to cook it. The top of this unit comprises a heating mechanism and a fan from where hot air rushes down onto the food placed in a fryer-style surface. Moreover, most fryers come in a capacity of 2-6 liters.
Try the fantastic alternative of deep frying for tastier food. Buy the best air fryer to transform your culinary experience.
Which are some of the foods I can cook with an airfryer?
- Frozen French fries
- Chicken nuggets
- Crispy chickpeas
- Whole chicken
- Chicken wings
- Quick doughnuts
- Toasted nuts
- Brownies and bagels
- Roasted garlic
Features of an air fryer
- Pre-programmed settings.
- Adjustable cook time (15-60 minutes).
- Adjustable heat.
- Pre-set timer with auto-off function.
- An automatic light - To notify when your desired temperature is reached.
- Buzzing timer - Alerts you when cook time is up.
- Removable basket and fan.
- Grill pan insert - perforated for airflow.
- Cooking tray.
- Recipe book.
Benefits of an air fryer
- Temperatures increases quickly heating the air around, and the food is evenly cooked.
- You save up to 70% cooking oil because the unit uses hydrogenated oil.
- Less oily food is healthier. For example, frozen French fries contain 4-6 g of fat, unlike the deep-fried option that contains 17 g.
- Safe and neat cooking with no oil spills.
- Automatic shut off.
- The unit is dishwasher-safe thus easy to clean.
- The airfryer has a cooling system to cool it fast, and an exhaust system to eliminate any smell.
- It is suitable for individuals who have a tight work schedule with less cooking time.
- An air fryer is an ideal cooking device for individuals under a restricted healthy diet or those pursuing weight loss.
- An airfryer is designed for multiuse; it can fry, grill, broil, boil, roast, and bake.
- Airfryers are energy-efficient than ovens, so they save on energy costs.
Factors to consider before buying an air fryer
- Technology - Digital air fryers are more efficient than analog counterparts. Modern touchscreen air fryers are preferred than the ones with old-fashioned knobs if you are pro-tech. However, this doesn't discredit the knob-operated varieties because they don't have less features.
- Capacity - Typical air fryers hold 1.8 to 2.5 pounds. To determine the unit to buy, consider the type and quantity of food you want to cook every day. For a single person, 0.5 lb suffices. 1 lb is for two people, whereas a family of 3-6 people requires a 2-3 lbs unit.
- Wattage - Standard airfryers require 800-1400 watts. Make sure that your kitchen power outlet supports your choice aifryer.
- Settings - It is necessary to research on different brands and models of air fryers on temperature settings, and make a better decision. Most fryers reach 360°. Consider the food you often cook.
- Additional features - If you have a lot to cook every day, look for an airfryer that is designed to cook two separate foods at once. Buy a fryer that meet your cooking needs from hot appetizers to desserts, and main cuisines. The great-to-have features for the best air fryer include models with touchscreens, 3 to 5-pound basket, pre=programmed settings, and grill pan & rack.
- Brand and price - Authoritative brands such as Philips have top-notch products. Also, your budget determines the airfryer you will buy.