Soft nougat or Jijona nougat is one of the must-haves on Christmas tables and the best thing is that it can be used to make a large number of preparations, such as this delicious sponge cake that will accompany you at special moments during the festive season. It can also be used to make the most of any leftover pastry after the festive season.
Productos con los que prepararla
- 3 eggs (size L)
- Brown sugar 150 g
- Sunflower or mild olive oil 100 g
- Jijona nougat (chopped or in cream 140 g)
- Greek yoghurt 125 g
- Pastry flour 250 g
- Chemical yeast 15 g
- Pinch of fine salt
- Place the whisk accessory in the glass of the Chefbot.
- Add the eggs and sugar and beat on speed 8 for 2 and a half minutes.
- Push down anything that may have stuck to the walls and the lid and add the oil. Mix for 1 and a half minutes on speed 3.
- Add the nougat and yoghurt and mix for 2 minutes on speed 3.
- Then add the flour together with the yeast and salt and beat for 2 minutes on speed 2.
- Push down anything that may have stuck to the walls and beat for another 1 minute on speed 2.
- Grease the baking tin of your choice (preferably one with a central chimney) and pour the batter into it.
- Bake in the oven (preheated to 180ºC) for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the surface starts to brown too much, cover with a piece of aluminium foil.
- Remove from the oven when it is done, wait for it to cool in the mould on a wire rack for 15 minutes and, after this time, remove from the mould and leave to cool completely on the wire rack