The croquette is a portion of dough made with a mince of various ingredients. This, linked to a béchamel sauce and coated in egg and breadcrumbs, makes it a spectacular snack for the most demanding palates. We can prepare them with practically any ingredient: Serrano ham, cheese, tuna, cod, mushrooms… In this case, we will prepare them with cherry tomatoes and cheese. An explosive bite that will surprise you.
- 35 g butter
- 35 g extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g wheat flour
- 900 ml whole or vegetable milk
- 200 g cherry tomatoes
- 130 g grated mozzarella
- 90 g grated Parmesan
- 3 g salt
- 2 g pepper
- 10 g oregano
- 2 eggs
- 250 g breadcrumbs
- Place the blade accessory on the Chefbot, insert the washed cherry tomatoes, set 6 seconds at speed 5 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and, using the spatula, remove the cherry tomatoes and set aside. Rinse the glass and replace the blade accessory with the whisk accessory. Add the 35 g of butter, the 35 g of extra virgin olive oil, set for 6 minutes at 110°C, speed 1 and close.
- Open the Chefbot, add the flour and set for 3 minutes at 100°C, speed 2 and close.
- Open the Chefbot, add the milk, the reserved cherry tomatoes, 130 g of mozzarella, 90 g of grated parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, oregano and programme 12 minutes at 95ºC, speed 3 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and, taking care not to burn yourself, taste the dough and add salt if necessary.
- Arrange the dough on a dish with the help of the spatula and, when it is warm, keep it in the fridge until the next day.
- With the help of a few spoons or a piping bag without a nozzle, form the croquettes, pass them through the beaten eggs and breadcrumbs and leave them in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to compact the dough well. Fry in plenty of hot extra virgin olive oil and drain the excess fat on absorbent paper. Serve very hot.