This delicious tofu spread is so versatile that you can use it as an accompaniment to toast, as a snack or even as a filling for vegan lasagne or cannelloni. One of the tricks to making this spread perfect is to remove some of the water from the tofu before mashing it. You can do this by pressing the tofu lightly between two flat plates or a cutting board. The sundried tomatoes and nutritional yeast give it the perfect balance of sweet and savoury. You’ve never tasted a tofu recipe like this!
- 250 g firm tofu block
- 60 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Drain the tofu to remove excess water. Cut the tofu block into 4 pieces. Place the blade accessory and place the tofu and sun-dried tomatoes in the glass of the Chefbot. Program 15 seconds on speed 5.
- Use the spatula to push down any mixture that may have stuck to the walls of the glass.
- Wash and strip the 2 sprigs of fresh basil. Add the basil, lemon juice, salt, nutritional yeast, garlic powder and olive oil to the previous mixture. Program 20 seconds on speed 8.
- Check the salt content. Add more if necessary, to taste.