Although mussels are a very tasty dish that we can enjoy simply steaming them with a splash of lemon, we suggest you try them with this sauce whose base is cream and beer, to which we add the juice of the mussels themselves, resulting in a delicious sauce.
- 1 kg mussels
- 100 g onion
- 40 ml olive oil
- 100 ml beer
- 400 ml liquid cooking cream
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 20 g cornstarch
- 2 strands of saffron
- Clean the mussels under the tap water, cleaning the shell and removing the beards.
- Put the 250 ml of water in the glass of the Chefbot, place the deep steam basket and put half of the mussels in it. Set the steam function with fast steam flow for 4 minutes and close the lid.
- After this time, remove any mussels that have already been opened and place them in a bowl.
- Leave those that are still closed, cover the basket, set the steam function with rapid steam flow for 2 minutes and close.
- Remove the mussels to a bowl, discard those that are still closed and repeat the process with the other half of the mussels.
- Put all the mussels in the bowl and reserve the cooking water as well.
- Without washing the glass, put in the blade accessory. Peel the onion, cut it into quarters and add it to the glass. Set for 10 seconds at speed 6 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and, using the spatula, push down any sticky parts. Remove the blade accessory and attach the stir paddle accessory. Add the olive oil, program 6 minutes at 120° C, speed 1 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and add the beer, cream, pepper, cornstarch, 250 ml of the cooking water for the mussels and the saffron. Set for 8 minutes at 100° C, speed 1 and close, leaving the steam outlet cap open so that the alcohol evaporates.
- Open the Chefbot, pour the sauce from the glass over the mussels, stirring to soak them well, and serve.