Tinga is a Mexican dish that can be prepared with all kinds of ingredients, and can be called that way as long as it has the most characteristic one: chipotle pepper. This preparation is perfect to take advantage of any type of meat that has been overcooked and has remained dry, as can happen with the breasts when we prepare a roasted chicken. When we crumble it and add a sofrito with tomato, onion and chipotle, we manage to give it back the juiciness it lost with the excess of cooking. What can we do with it, once we have it ready? The Mexican version of Larousse Cocina illustrates this: it is used as a filling for quesadillas, molotes, tacos and tostadas, or it is eaten as a main dish at lunch.
- 3 medium onions (450 g)
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil (75 ml)
- 700 g cooked chicken breast
- 100 ml chicken broth
- Chipotle chili marinated to taste
- 1 1 bay leaf
- Corn tortillas to taste (or a bun, if you want to make a sandwich)
- Avocado, sour cream or melting cheese to accompany
- Cilantro (optional)
- Put the blade accessory in the cup. Add the onions, peeled and cut into four pieces, program 8 seconds at speed 6 and close.
- Open the glass of the Chefbot and push down with the spatula what may have been stuck to the walls. Remove the blade accessory and place the stir paddle accessory in the Chefbot glass. Add the 60 ml of oil and set for 10 minutes at 120°C, speed 2 and close.
- When the cycle is over, open the Chefbot glass and add the 400 g of chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, salt and chili to taste. Set for 20 minutes at 110ºC, speed 2 and close, leaving the steam outlet cap open to evaporate.
- Meanwhile, shred the chicken breasts.
- At the end of the cycle, add the 700 g of shredded breasts and the 100 ml of chicken broth. Stir with the spatula, set 6 minutes at 110°C, speed 1 and close.
- Remove the chicken and serve it on a sandwich or over previously heated cubes in a frying pan, with melted cheese, sour cream or chopped avocado as a garnish, as well as chopped coriander (if desired).