Bao bread is a steamed Asian roll with a characteristic shape, which once cooked can be opened and filled with an infinite number of delicious fillings such as avocado and chicken, avocado and tomato. It will not leave you indifferent and will surprise lovers of Asian, Chinese or Vietnamese cuisine.
- 200 g all-purpose flour or rice flour
- 8 g fresh yeast
- 2 g salt
- 20 g sugar
- 15 g extra virgin olive oil
- 15 g rice vinegar
- 85 g warm water
- Place the blade accessory in the Chefbot’s glass, add the water and yeast, set 1 minute at 30°C, speed 1 and close. Open the Chefbot, add the remaining ingredients, program the kneading function and close.
- Open the Chefbot, remove the dough with the spatula and leave it to ferment in a warm place with the lid on for 30 minutes.
- After this time, form small balls of about 55 g and give them the characteristic shape of the Bao bread with a small piece of vegetable paper in between so that they do not stick together. Leave to ferment for a further 1 hour in the shallow steam basket.
- Rinse the glass and add 1 litre of water. Close with the deep steam basket and the shallow steam basket with the bread on top and cover with the lid. Set the steam function.
- Open the lid, being very careful not to burn yourself, and take out the bread.
- Fill with your favourite ingredients and serve.