Aubergine is a truly versatile vegetable. In this case it is accompanied by a soft and tasty sauce made from tomatoes and nuts, which will wrap up the aubergine and cook it deliciously.
- 2 large aubergines
- 500 g chopped or crushed tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 g raw cashew nuts
- 1 teaspoon of sweet or hot paprika
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (60 ml)
- 250 ml water
- Salt to taste
- Chopped parsley for decoration
- Black and white sesame seeds for decoration
- Soak the cashew nuts at least 8 hours in advance, changing the water a couple of times during that period. Set aside a few to toast in a pan and add them at the end.
- Put the blade accessory in the glass. Add 1 peeled and quartered onion and the 2 peeled garlic. Set for 10 seconds at speed 6 and close.
- Open the Chefbot and use the spatula to push down any sticky parts on the walls, replace the blade accessory with the stir paddle accessory and add 30 ml of olive oil. Set at 120°C, 5 minutes at speed 1 and close.
- Open the Chefbot, add 1 teaspoon of sweet or hot paprika and salt to taste, close and set at 120°C, 1 minute at speed 1.
- Open the Chefbot, add 500 g of chopped tomatoes, close and set at 120ºC, 5 minutes at speed 1.
- Open the Chefbot, replace the stir paddle accessory with the blade accessory, taking care not to burn yourself, add the drained cashew nuts and set at speed 10 for 1 minute.
- Open the Chefbot, test and rectify the salt if necessary. Add 150 ml, close again and set 1 minute at speed 10. Add more water if necessary until it has the desired texture.
- Pour the sauce into a container and set it aside, clean the glass, taking care not to burn yourself. Place the stir paddle accessory, the remaining 30 ml of olive oil, the washed and diced aubergine (approximately 2cmx2cm), a pinch of salt and programme at 100ºC for 30 minutes at speed 1.
- Open the Chefbot, add the tomato sauce and cashew nuts to the aubergine, close and programme 20 minutes at 100ºC, speed 1.
- Serve on plates with chopped parsley, roasted cashew nuts and sesame seeds.