Chutney is a rich sweet and sour sauce of Indian origin that is served cold and is used as a dip to accompany and/or spread different preparations such as toast, sandwiches, cheese… It is usually made with sweet fruits, but it is also delicious with sour fruits such as tomatoes.
- Assorted tomatoes (mixed cherry and ripe 250 g)
- 100 g red onion
- 75 g red pepper
- 1 Apple
- 30 g coconut sugar
- 60 ml apple vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Nutmeg to taste
- Make a cross-section in the skin of all the tomatoes and blanch them for 5 to 10 seconds in a pot of boiling water.
- Take them out and put them in a bowl of cold water to remove the skin.
- Put the blade accessory in the Chefbot. Once peeled, place the ripe tomatoes in the container with the onion and apple cut into quarters, the chopped pepper and the large tomatoes cut in half. Program 10 seconds at speed 6.
- Replace the blade accessory with the stir paddle accessory. Add the whole cherry tomatoes, sugar, vinegar, salt, cinnamon, paprika and nutmeg. Set for 30 minutes at 100ºC and close the lid.
- After this time, open the steam outlet cap so that part of the liquid evaporates and programme 10 more minutes at the same temperature.
- Transfer the contents to a glass jar, allow to cool and store in the refrigerator. It lasts several weeks.