If I had to talk about a drink that transports me and is refreshing, it would undoubtedly be garapiña. This typical Caribbean drink is not only a NO-WASTE recipe for making the most of the pineapple peel to prepare it, but it is also refreshing and delicious.
Productos con los que prepararla
- 1 pineapple (use only the peels)
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 ½ litres of water
- Panela to taste (5 tablespoons recommended)
- Wash the pineapple and peel it.
- Discard the crown and preserve the inside of the fruit for other recipes. For the Garapiña only use the peels and the core of the pineapple.
- In a saucepan put 1 ½ L of water and the pineapple peels. Add panela to taste.
- Boil over medium heat for 30 minutes. Remove and leave to stand
- Strain the liquid through a fine sieve and discard the boiled peels. Serve the garapiña with ice chips to make it even more refreshing.