Definitely, if you like waffles, this recipe is for you. It’s easy, fluffy and with an apple flavour you’ll fall in love with. This dough is very special. It doesn’t have yeast but the peculiar way of preparing the dough makes it light and super fluffy. To enjoy it even more, you can add some cream cheese, yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
Productos con los que prepararla
- 250 ml water 250 ml
- 25 g brown sugar 25 g
- 90 g butter 90 g
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 120 g flour 120 g
- 2 eggs
- 1 apple
- Put the water, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a saucepan. Heat over low heat until it comes to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the flour. Return to the heat and stir with a kitchen whisk for 1 minute. Remove from the heat again and leave to cool.
- Add the eggs one at a time, stirring constantly (do not add one until the other is fully integrated). Set aside.
- Cut the apple into cubes. Add the apple and the teaspoon of cinnamon to a bowl and stir. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the apple to the waffle batter and stir until the apple is spread throughout the batter.
- Plug the waffle iron into the sandwich maker with the waffle plates. When they are hot, brush them with a little butter.
- Add the mixture without filling the pan, as if you add too much dough, it may spill out of the sides of the pan. If you wano make them small, as in the picture, add a spoonful in the centre of each side without filling the mould.
- Close the waffle iron and lock the handle. After about 3 to 5 minutes, the light indicating that the waffle has reached cooking temperature will go out and you can carefully remove the waffles. Repeat the operation until you run out of dought.